Tuesday 22 April 2014

Live it Up!!


Week 207 ~ Up, Up and Away
Hello from my crafty space today where I have the company of my Skyping friend Vikki...she's on holiday so we're making the most of it.
My card today is for the City Crafter Challenge Week 207 - Up, Up and Away with this lovely colourful picture as inspiration. Had to scrounge deep in my pre-stamped drawer for these to hot air balloons that I coloured and close trimmed.  I've teamed it with the sketch layout at Just Add Ink Week 211. To create the background I sponged distress inks through a lattice die cut and over stamped with script and stamped a sentiment. Then stamped another sentiment on the banner die cut and edged it with a fine zigzag edge.
I'm really happy with the card as I didn't want to have to make a "brightly coloured" one.  Thanks for taking a peek Robyn

Honorable Mention for this week at Just add INK

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Robyn!! I love the design and the sweet balloons!! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great Robyn...they are really nice balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card, Robyn! I love the muted, vintagey colours, and the fabulous background you created. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Robyn ... I love those balloons and your beautiful background! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally vintagey and totally fabulous Robyn - I just love this card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - great take on the sketch. I really like the back ground you have created. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only discovered Skyping this year and love having catch ups with my friend in America, so awesome! I love your take on this weeks sketch challenge. Those vintage balloons are too lovely. Thank you for playing along at Just Add Ink this week! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that wonderful background that you created Robyn - so atmospheric! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robyn this is a lovely card and it would have been perfect for my sister's 50th birthday earlier this year as she went ballooning. Your balloons look like they are about to lift of your card and go exploring. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love how you have created that background!

    Thanks for sharing your card at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn