Wednesday 17 September 2014

Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year

Today I have made two cards the same for Darnells  NBUS #2 challenge with the theme of Christmas - my NBUS is the new sentiment stamp,  And also for Addicted to Stamps and More #113 - a Holiday theme.  I was so inspired by the cardinal photo I saw on Pinterest I just had to try out the Bokeh technique (I spotted on You-tube here). I created the backgrounds for these cards using this technique which incorporates watercolouring so I can post at Just Us Girls Trend Week #258....
The cardinal is a die cut that matches a Prickly Pear Christmas set of which I only used the little face/beak stamp which I cut out and glued on. I used Distress Inks to colour him and then stamped the pine branch on the card and highlighted it with a white gel pen to look like snow. A stamped sentiment finished the card. I am really pleased with the result and will try the Bokeh technique again, thanks for taking a peek Robyn
(via Christmas!)Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

Challenge #113 - HOLIDAY

22 comments:

  1. In a word BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy socks and slippers, Robyn, this is one of the best bokeh cards I have ever seen! You really nailed that technique and your gorgeous cardinal and branch just took my breath away! You achieved such amazing texture and depth with these seriously awesome Christmas cards!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rocked this technique Robyn! That background is fabulous and I love the colour you have chosen, it really makes the cardinal just pop x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are stunning, Robyn!! I love the striking color of the cardinal against your watercolored (and beautiful) background!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS CARD IS AMAZING!! Totally fell in love with that gorgeous Cardinal against the neutral background!! STUNNING, just stunning! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Word. Love them! They turned out fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Robyn! Your bokeh backgrounds are amazing...the prettiest I've seen in a long time! Your red cardinals are also really beautiful!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, Robyn! I can almost hear that Cardinal singing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a fabulous card, the bokeh effect is perfect too! love the colors on your card, thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! The Cardinal really pops! Love the bokeh technique - gives a great sense of depth. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!Robyn, such a beautiful card, love the colors and the bokeh style.
    Just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cardinals jump out of Darnell's gallery, Robyn! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card made me just so happy!! I love the cardinal. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! Congrats on your JUGS win - so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your win, Robyn- such an outstanding card! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh - and thanks for linking up this beauty with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Am totally in love with your background (and the robin too!)and will definitely have to try that technique! So, so pretty! Well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Robyn, just spotted your lovely Cardinal Christmas card over at Darnell's NBUS challenge and popped over for a closer look. Your Cardinal is very striking I love him/her sat on the pine branch. Your Bokeh effect background is perfect. A lovely sweet card. Hugs Lottie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn