Friday 30 January 2015

Happy Mothers' Day

My second card for this week is based on the layout at Try Stampin' On Tuesday #203.
I decided to create the background 'alternating bands' with my brayer and that Kaleidacolor Ink pad I've had for mmmmany years - unbelievable - it still works and much richer in colour than the photo. I stamped this bowl of flowers at my last visit to friend Vikkis and decided to use an oval shape and also die cut a scalloped oval to frame it. I coloured the image with Distress Inks and mounted it over a length of ricrac braid and finished the card with a small sentiment. I am also joining my friend Karen who is making Mothers' Day cards for the Aussie Troops, so we'll see how many I can rustle up. Thanks for taking a peek Robyn
 Top Three Badge

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful! I love your gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, what a great idea brayering on your alternating bands for this card! Super creative. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a vibrant, inky background! This is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and fresh Robyn....very pretty and that stamp is a favourite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice use of color and technique on your card, Robyn. So, so pretty! Thanks for joining the fun over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn