Sunday 19 July 2015

Happy Birthday Tulips


 My mojo has been hiding for a few days  as I've been sorting and packing my craft room for our move and then I spied with a thud that Virginia's View challenge #16 - 100% stamping, was less that 2 hours to close and I was then focused on making a card.... I realized how sometimes with all the latest inks, stamps, papers, card, dies, equipment and all arrays of various medium that it is so easy to overlook how one just started out with stamps and ink (many years ago) and oh wow!!! when embossing powder blew our minds. So I grabbed one of Penny Blacks shadow stamps, applied three shades of pigment ink, and my green embossing marker for the stems, stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder and I had my image. Then I just needed a sentiment (and a birthday card for next) and of course I had to use 'gold' embossing powder for something special.  Then a simple layering onto a purple background and onto my card base.  I'm really happy with this card - I did have a couple of goes with different inks but like these soft colours best.
Thanks for taking a peek

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Robyn, so agree with you not the way embossing really blew our mind, and the simplicity of combo stamping looks really great, well done indeed!!!
    Shaz in Ozx.

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these flower stamps and this card is so pretty just with the CAS style. Love how you have used different colours on your flowers...they just pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn