Thursday 16 July 2015

Music of Christmas

I am making my card for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown colour challenge - Kraft and my favourite colour - red for Christmas. Today I have tried my hand at drawing  this large candy cane... I wanted a simple focal point for my card - I outlined it with black embossing marker, embossed it in clear and coloured the segments with Twinkling H2Os, so it's very glitter.  Then I rough cut the edges of my top panel and stamped a section with music and added a few extra notes from the sentiment stamp. I stamped and embossed my sentiment on the same cardstock as the base card and ran the edge across a brown ink pad to give it a lift. To finish the card I positioned the cane behind the sentiment and added a twine bow with heart beads.  Thanks for taking a peek
  

2 comments:

  1. This is a really great card Robyn! I love your hand drawn candy cane and those little hearts are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute christmas card, love the candy cane with the tiny hearts and the colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn