Tuesday 1 September 2015

Merry Christmas

I got to play at my new temporary desk in the caravan this morning and had a go at a One Layer Christmas Card August Anything Goes challenge, with the option of a sleigh. This is the only sleigh stamp I have so decided to try and create a night scene. I masked the edges of the card and stamped this effective dotty border and embossed them in white, then the trees in black. Then I carefully inked the sleigh and deer in black and the moon in gold and embossed them. The gold wasn't 'luminious' enough so I went over it with yellow ink and clear EP and reheated it. And finally stamped and white embossed the sentiment....but it looked weird so I got out the white gel pen and drew in a border and a few stars.  Thanks for taking a peek
   

2 comments:

  1. Robyn, this is so cool! It's like a Christmas Eve at midnight. Gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The border was a perfect idea! Thanks for joining us again over at OLCCC! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn