Tuesday 14 February 2017

Joy


Well it's way too hot to be outside 36C but I'm not complaining other areas in the state are well into the 40sC and then there is reported snow on the high peaks in Tasmania - stupid weather, anyway I'm happy to be at my desk in the cool.  This card is for this months Muse: Christmas Visions 77 - casing Chriss's card below and as I've included Holly in my design I'm posting to Happy Little Stampers February Christmas challenge with the optional twist of Holly.  The die cut metallic 'Joy' on Chriss card took my eye and the all over floral pattern for the background.  I have been delving in my DP "piles" and decided to use this gorgeous all over holly paper for my background. Then my set of alphabet dies are way to small to show up nicely on the paper - so I just hand cut them from metallic green card  (lucky there's only three letters) and then cut a few holly leaves and finished them off with some pearl "berries".  Thanks for taking a peek

  

11 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, Love the card.

    Hope you have a nice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for the challenge and so lovely Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this use of the patterned paper, Robyn! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas card, I love that patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful designer background paper and how clever are you to cut out he word Joy...in awe x Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice of this patterned paper and your hand cut joy is so very clever and perfectly sized! The little holly and berry sprig embellishment, nestled in is another beautiful element. Thanks so much for playing with MCV this month! Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome - the perfect PP and finished to perfection with the big JOY and those little holly leaves! Hope it cooled down a bit....Thanks for playing with us at MCV, Robyn! - Hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That PP is really gorgeous, and look fabulous with the metallic "JOY". Love the extra holly and berries too. Simple and wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing at Happy Little Stampers February Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful backdrop for your bold sentimen. I always seem to forget I have a hoard of PP as well. Hope things have cooled down a bit over there, although the high temperatures are a perfect excuse to stay inside and create Christmas cards to keep cool lol. Over here in Crete, it seems that Spring has finally arrived after a cold (to Cretan standards, that is, with long stretches of day temperatures of around or just below 10°C. My husband always tells me he starts thawing at temps above 25, which is when I am almost switching on the A/C in my office space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely background coloring. Also adorable bold lettering. Thank you so much for entering our Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers this month. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.



    Best Regards,
    Neha Parab
    Happy Little Stampers DT
    Completely Handmade... {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn