Thursday 18 May 2017

A little birdie told me....

Here's another card I made using dark card as the background to my image.  I used Versamark to stamp my bird image on grey, then coloured it with pencils - I found a twig image and added that too .... the bird image wasn't clearly outlined so I used my Misti to align and restamp in charcoal ink and it worked beautifully.  I added some light grey pastel to break the background and added a stamped sentiment.  To finish  I layered the panel to two matching shades of cardstock onto a black card.  I don't do 'dark' very well nor male cards so I think these colours would suit a male birthday card.  I am posting to Watercooler Wednesday WWC119 - Masculine "Anything Goes" challenge.  Thanks for taking a peek
  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, Loving your recent cards.

    Hope you are having a nice week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, for a person who doesn't do dark well nor male cards, you've certainly proven the opposite with this card. Stunning bird against that darker grey. I love the way you've used the lighter grey pastel to spotlight the bird as well---very effective. Your colours bring that bird and twig to life. Thanks so much for taking part in Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bird cards and this one is stunning - the colouring of that bird is so realistic - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn your card is like a small piece of art, so beautiful and well coloured. It makes a great Masculine card. Thanks so much for joining us for Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn, this is a wonderfully masculine card! Very beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn! This card is fabulous! And I love the look and feel when you use a darker background with pencils! One of my favorite techniques! Nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week on Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique on the dark cardstock! Love how you've coloured the bird and branch. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn