Monday 24 July 2017

Happy Birthday

Another male birthday card from me, can't believe it - soit's a good thing I'm playing along with Watercooler Wednesday "Masculine" Anything Goes challenge WWC128 and Challenge #65 at The Male Room - Mixed Media technique this week.  When I stamped this yacht I masked off the water and stamped it in black and then inked the water in blues and repeatedly stamp the waves - I coloured the image with Distress Inks and added some white gel pen to the wave peaks... then I messed it up by dry embossing the bottom section... it looked better before. I then used another stamp to added some birds and lightly watercolour washed the sky.  I found this great background paper and used a teal coloured card. After mounting up the layers I added a stamped sentiment and twine and a ships wheel trinket - I'm hoping this is kind of Mixed Media.  Thanks for taking a peek.

   

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!!!!
    Real masculin !

    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, Fab male card. Love the paper, and embellishments. The ships wheel is fab.

    Hope you are having a good start to the week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I'm concerned there's a lot of mixed media, Super background paper, and I love how you have put it all together, a fabulous masculine design. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room mixed media challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robin, Thanks for sharing your masculine sailing card this week at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge. I love the background DSP and the nautical touches like the ships wheel and cording. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Robyn, what a striking card! I love the way you've combined that background Designer paper and added the twine and metal steering wheel as embellishments. But the focal point, the yacht, is what really catches one's attention. Beautiful colouring as usual. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous masculine birthday card! This is really beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the texture in the waves and nautical is such a good theme for a masculine card. So sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn