Tuesday 25 July 2017

Hello...

Weeellll I don't know where this card came from, definitely not my usual floral, but I was pretty much inspired by Marcie (her card below) the guest artist at the Muse challenge #226. I popped over to her blog to read how she'd made the background - with paint... so as I don't a supply of paint I resorted to my Brushos.  I swiped the black Archival Ink pad over a white card and then using four colours I sprinkled each separately, spritzed with water, moved it a little with a brush and heat dried between each colour.  Then I black inked the edge of my panel and flicked white paint about (that's the hardest part of making the background - got it everywhere).  Then stuck it to a white card and finished off with a die cut sentiment, glued to aqua card and hand cut. It was fun and I have inky fingers to prove it.  Thanks for taking a peek.


  

11 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, I love the colour mix. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing Robyn...love the way you did this one.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Just stunning.
    You absolutely nailed the challenge.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card Robyn!! Very apt for the challenge!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you achieved this dramatic effect - way to use what you had to get a similar look! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Robyn, Love the background. Bright and kind of dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation of Marci's card, Robyn. I love how you used your products to achieve a background that worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. REally like the way you've achieved this. Must have a go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it totally, way to go. I struggled so much I went with die cuts but I love how you did this and never thought to add the colour after adding the black. Brilliant idea. Winner card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this back ground. What a great way to play with the muse card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really super cool - you got my vote and I am so glad your card won!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn