Monday 10 July 2017

Happy Birthday

Today I am posting to two challenges... Watercooler Wednesday #126 - Fiona's Feminine, Anything Goes challenge and also to The Flower challenge #10 - Embossing Heat/Dry.
I just love flowers and especially waterlilies so I've made a feminie birthday card. I have stamped and embossed my lily image with silver embossing powder and I really like how you get a softer outline (than the usual black). Then I used my Brushos to colour the image, added a tiny touch of glitter glue to the dragonfly and to finish used a layer of purple onto a dark purple card. Thanks for taking a peek

   

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, Robyn, what an absolutely stunning card! I love waterlilies as well and so, of course, that beautiful image caught my attention immediately. What an elegant look it gives the image to have heat embossed it in silver rather than to have simply stamped it using black ink. Watercolouring inside the silver lines adds some real magic, especially with all the variations of purple. Love the bit of glitter on the dragonfly as well. A truly lovely creation. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, Now that is pretty and my favourite colour.

    Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Robyn - one of my favourite paintings is Monet's water lillies and you have done this beautiful flower justice with this card. I love that silver embossing - it really does make them pop. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, this is gorgeous. Your colors are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the silver embossing on your card Robyn. It does lend a really soft look to the images. Beautiful coloured image and layers. Thanks for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your waterlilies! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous stamp and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn